Squires Kitchen Instant Mix Flexi-Ice is a fabulously flexible, high-performance icing with a delicate natural vanilla flavour. Ideal for creating fine edible lace in sugar, this high-quality icing mix can also be piped, stencilled, coloured and used to make edible confetti, making it great value for money.
Developed by the experts at Squires Kitchen and thoroughly tested by expert cake decorators, Flexi-Ice is incredibly easy to make up and apply. Just add water and the icing is ready to pipe and stencil, or spread over a lace mould and allow to oven-dry or air-dry for a realistic lace-effect finish. Colour the decorative flexible icing any shade with your choice of Squires Kitchen’s liquid, paste or dust food colours.
Once set, simply cut the paper-thin edible lace with scissors or a pizza wheel and fold into delicate frills, bows and flowers. Perfect for transforming celebration cakes, cupcakes and desserts with beautiful lace-like pieces in an instant.
Transparent plastic stand up pouch with an adhesive resealable tab
- Sift the contents of the sachet into a bowl
- Add 150ml of cooled, boiled water for every 100g of the mix
- If you prefer to use a softer consistency of paste, add a little more water
- Colour with SK liquid, dust or paste food colours, if desired
- Beat for 3 minutes with a spoon until it forms a lump-free mixture
- Choose a lace mat and smooth the icing firmly over the mould with a plastic smoother or large palette knife for an even layer
- Place in a cool oven (approximately 60–70°C) or a dehumidifier for approximately 20 minutes. Flexi-Ice can also be dried over a longer period of time at room temperature
- The icing is ready when it pulls away from the mat easily without sticking. If it feels tacky underneath, leave it in the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the product is dry enough to peel from the mat. The drying time will vary depending on the mat you are using
- Attach the edible lace to cakes, cupcakes and cookies with a dab of SK Edible Glue or cooled boiled water
- If the paste starts to firm up, pass it through the steam of a kettle to restore its flexibility
Made in the UK
Model Number: SU04A403-01
Total Weight with Packaging: 268g
Packaging Dimensions: 22.8 x 12.9 x 4cm