This course was created to be the most comprehensive content course for deco meringues, a popular treat in recent years. You can learn more than 30 skills to do 17 works.
JSA Deco Meringue course is based on various traditional production methods learned in the UK, combined with a unique systematic course design similar to the successful Icing Cookies course that JSA developed. In addition to focusing on creating a crunchy and unforgettable taste, it is also very particular about the design details.
By learning the appropriate meringue methods (French, Swiss) and four different meringue recipes in this course, you will be able to use them to produce exquisite and high-quality works. Since making the meringue up to the baking of the pieces takes place in the classroom with full mentoring, you can easily follow and learn the meringue techniques.
Just decorate your cake or cupcakes with meringue to instantly stand out as a unique dessert that will be an aesthetic spot on various festivals such as Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day or birthday.
- Course Duration: 2 days (11:00am - 5:00pm)
- Course Fee: HK$7,500.00 (including tuition fee, ingredients, tools, coursebook and certification)
- Annual Membership Fee: HK$300.00 (pro-rata charges for the first year, no additional fee is required for current JSA members)
Lesson 1 "The Basics of Meringue & Deco Meringue Stick" - Orange Flavour
In this lesson, you will thoroughly learn meringue making, colouring the surface, colouring the icing, adding flavour, squeezing the icing, making the cake topper, adding patterns to the bottom, etc. From the basics techniques to the applied applications.
Lesson 2 "Unicorn & Elephant" - Lemon Flavour
You will learn how to make icing suitable for three-dimensional meringues, piping three-dimensional meringues, piping overlapping meringues, piping small gadgets, facial expressions, etc.
Lesson 3 "3D Meringue Wedding Dolls"- Original Flavour
In this class, you will learn how to make taller meringue shapes, piping lines, making meringue biscuits and use these techniques to create delicate and high-quality 3D meringue dolls.
Lesson 4 "Meringue Flower Cookies" - Original Flavour
You will learn to make meringue flower cookies using the meringue, which is suitable for flower piping to squeeze Scabiosa, Dahlia, Rose, Ribbon Rose and Leaves.
Lesson 5 "Floating Meringue" - Strawberry Flavour
You will learn to make meringue suitable for making 2D pieces, making sculptural floating meringues, painting techniques and making cute rabbit and bear sculptural meringues. It looks good as latte art and is perfect for festive events. It can be served together with a cup of latte, tea, hot cocoa or hot milk. Have fun with a floating meringue on your drink!
Lesson 6 "Graduation Exam" - Original Flavour (1 hour)
Apply the skills you have learned in the last five lessons to make three original designed meringue cookies. (Do not use copyrighted designs)
Passing the graduation exam means that you can start your classes as a JSA certificated instructor (including certification courses). It does not mean that you will get the certificate after finishing our course. You NEED to pass the graduation exam to become a JSA instructor! (If you don't pass the exam, you will need to retake the exam at a later date)
- Students are required to attend all six lessons starting from lesson 1.
- Upon completion of the course, you have to go through the procedures for the instructor certification with the association. A late application is not accepted.
- You will receive a certificate from Japan Salonaise Association 4 weeks after registration.
- If you become a lecturer, you will receive a gift from the association, including three handouts for self-teaching and a free lecturer's instruction manual.
- Since JSA Hong Kong does not offer Decorating Meringue Cookies Certificate Course at the moment, if you want to start teaching your classes after graduating, you will need to apply for the certification through JSA Taiwan.
*The coursebooks are available in Chinese only.