The flower subjects are:
David Austin Rose with closed bud and leaves, Northern Magnolia branch with fully opened flower, closed bud and leaves. Eucalyptus stem.
On this 3-day sugar flower class, you will learn how to advance your knowledge and experience to the next level of learning under Robert's tailored tuition. With Robert’s sugar flower experience, knowledge base and attention to detail, you’ll be amazed at how much he has to share. His passion for sugar crafting is so infectious; Robert will teach you how to cut freehand petals and foliage to give that botanically correct finished result. (transferable skills for any sugar flower or foliage). Another skill to be covered in class will be how to apply edible colours to the very delicately individually veined sugar petals, leaves and closed buds. Light coloured garments are advisable in class to minimalize lint tarnishing the paste. Please remove jewellery prior to class.
Skills taught in class:
- How to colour Flower paste
- How to achieve perfect, thin petals & leaves
- Cutting foliage free hand
- Correct use of veiners, perfect central vein always… and more…
- How to make a wired calyx for a rose
- How to make closed buds & fully sugar covered wired stems and bark
- How to make lichen - moss fungus in sugar
- How to create a spiralled centre for the rose
- How to thicken stems also numerous tips on polishing stems
- How to colour, fade, add depth, over dust and paint detail (water colour)
- All about glazing, steaming
- Using floral tape
- Adding depth and aging leaves
- How to make and apply micro hairs!
- How to give movement to Foliage and petals
- Different design of arrangements
- Adding dew drops